Friday, 22 February 2013

Moons


                         moons
Moons like Ganymede Titan and triton are the largest their planets view
Some years on special occasions a moon turns completely blue
Some moons are really small but have a massive part to play
Even though they're like a spec of dust in the boundless milky  way

Uranus has twenty seven moons some I've never even seen
If I charge my brain and think real hard I can name about fourteen
Cordelia Ophelia Bianca Cressida Desdemona Portia and Juliet
Belinda Miranda Francisco Titania Oberon Sycorax and Margaret

There's lots of different kinds of moons in various different hues
Some with riverbeds long since dried or haunting mountain views
But all These moons are precious and their planets act like mothers
They hold their treasured charges tight forsaking any others

Nature loves the harvest moon even the wolves will bay
The silhouette of a baying wolf spirits my thoughts away
To a place where moons are golden and reflect each shining star
And you feel you could step from one to another so near and yet so far

                   By LJM

No comments:

Post a Comment